Friday, May 26, 2006

Lemon-Oregano Chicken

As you will soon notice, we do a fair amount of Food Network watching. In fact, a Food Network camera crew was at our rehearsal dinner (Food Finds). Some we watch strictly for entertainment (Emeril) some for a laugh (Rachael Ray) some for the science geek inside me (Alton Brown) some to watch the hosts flirt with each other (Tyler and Jaq) and some to remind us of when we lived in Savannah (Paula Deen).

We admire Sara Moulton, but I am not sure we ever jumped onto the internet to download one of her recipes. Tim presented me with this one the other night and it served us well for a mid-week meal. Tim prepped the marinade and chicken before he left to give lessons and then I sliced the potatoes when I got home.

I like the idea behind this meal... marinate your meat, then add other things and let it all bake together. This was just a combo of chicken and potatoes, but I think you could add onions, a red pepper and chopped asparagus and really have a one-pot-meal.



The flavor was "nice". Lemon and oregano was a nice combo, but it was nothing more than "nice". Tim thought the potatoes were too lemony, and I just thought it would be better with more stuff mixed in with it.



So while there was nothing "wrong" with it, this recipe has already been tossed into the recycle bin, so I am not even including the recipe.

This blog was supposed to be about our triumphs and failures... so this is one of the latter.

Tim just brought home a cookbook by Sara Moulton from the library for us to look through... see if we can find something else of hers to try.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,

I agree with you. If a recipe doesn't really impress me then it usually doesn't get a second chance, even it it's not bad.

Enjoy the Sara Moulton book!

AmyD said...

Ivonne--
yeah, we have an ever-growing pile of recipes to try, so there is no need to save a dud in hopes of playing with it more.... just try something new next week!