Monday, June 05, 2006

Lemon Poppyseed Muffins

Here is a recipe that I have used for more than a year now...
Up until that point, while I always enjoyed a lemon poppeyseed muffin, I had never made them myself. I did a google search and found a recipe from the 1802 Bed and Breakfast in Maine which included lemon juice and lemon zest, so I figured it should have a great lemony flavor.

This recipe creates a muffin with a distinct lemon flavor, and they last well stored in an air-tight container, so a batch of 12 can last as long as you can refrain yourself from eating them all at once with a pot of tea.

recipe: link

The recipe calls for half & half, and while I used that the first time I made the recipe, I have since just used milk. And the 15 minutes in which they think they should bake, has never been enough time for mine... so you'll want to watch them.

No comments: