Monday, June 19, 2006

Orange Marmalade and Garlic Fish


This is one of the few actual original recipes you will see from me. I always say that I am not a chef, cause I don't create my own recipes... I just try a lot of other's, so that I have a good stash of worthwhile recipes.

I am a big fan of orange marmalade. I'm not sure when I developed a taste for it...I assume through my mother who has always been a big fan of toast and good fruit preserves.

I'm also not sure when I was first prompted to put orange marmalade on fish and bake it... but I know I did it even back in my single-days in Savannah. I dollop a generous amount of marmalade onto the top of any white fish (haddock, cod, scrod), and then sprinkle chopped garlic on top of that. Bake at 350-375. It yields a sweet and spicy combo when it's done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would never have thought of using orange marmalade that way!

polly + dieter said...

summer greetings:
we are always looking for new ways to cook fish and this is something we never thought of. we really like james peterson's seafood cookbook lots of good ideas, check it out. our trouble with fish is getting decent fresh fish even in florida by the coast. we did try a fish called "king clip"recently. is is some distant relative of cod only caught off the coast of south america. it is a mild flakey light flesh. when we see it again we will try it with marmalade.